Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hope

I wish there was a way to describe in words all that the word "hope" entails. For me it's not just a word, or an expression; it goes deeper than that. It's like peace in that you know that things will work out, but it's more than that...because there is suspense and excitement: the unknown. I don't really understand everything that the word means, but I know I both need and have it...and it's part of why I'm alive today.

These were some of dictonary.com's definitions...

1.To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
2. Archaic. To have confidence; trust.
3.To look forward to with confidence or expectation:

4. To expect and desire.
5. A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment.
6. Something that is hoped for or desired: Success is our hope.
7. One that is a source of or reason for hope: the team's only hope for victory.
8. Often Hope Christianity. The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a future good, difficult but not impossible to attain with God's help.
9. Archaic. Trust; confidence.


that's all...

No comments: