Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two Reactions...




And here you have my 2 reactions
to Barack Obama's speech at the
Democratic National Convention in
Denver, Co
August 28, 2008
First off I must point out that the fact that I even put out the effort to watch the speech...only goes to show that not all conservatives are close minded. I was impressed with his speaking ability and was surprised that not everything that came out of his mouth was crap. By that I mean, that instead of simply saying the word 'change' in a few different ways without providing any sort of explanation about what that might mean or look like to the American people, he actually presented some of the things he wants to change such as education, health care benefits, limiting the outsourcing of American jobs, and providing benefits for soldiers who serve our country, & end the War on Iraq. The problem is that I'm still skeptical as to how all of this is going to take place. I feel like so many of Obama's ideals are intriguing, and that he is doing a good job of trying to unify the different parties, yet he's also avoiding a lot of the important issues by playing the fence to appease both sides.
So there you have it....impressed yet skeptical.

No comments: