Monday, April 27, 2009

It worked!

Well I must say that is quite convenient!  I have a feeling I'm going to like blogging from my e-mail!  Who knew it could be so exciting...not really sure why it feels different other than it's a little easier to format!  What ever makes you happy right?  It IS all about the little things in life! 
 
So a rather huge update is in order.  First off, I've been home for almost 2 months now, and it's insane to think about!  The road trip home, was certainly a memory maker, my parents, grandparents, their 2 dogs and me were all in the motor home.  We made it home in 4 days (which at times felt like an eternity) but let me tell you crossing the California State line was amazing!  It was very exciting for 2 reasons.  1st off it meant that we were almost home, and 2nd California is GREEN!!!!  After 3 days of driving through desolate deserts I was so happy to see trees and flowers and basically anything besides dirt and bare mountains! 
 
After returning home, getting my belongings in a storage unit and setting up my room at my parent's house, I began the job hunt.  I had a lead for a job as a Human Resources assistant, that didn't end up working out, and for lack of other opportunities I've landed myself back in the restaurant industry at Romano's Macaroni Grill in Stockton.  I needed a job, and it pays well [if you work hard], so there you have it.  Until I can get into a program to earn my teaching credentials, this is where I am.  And I'm o.k with it.  I have much to be thankful for, and luckily my employer seems quite happy with me, as I've only been working there 3 weeks and they are already making me a closer!  Crazy!  I'm very grateful for that opportunity because it makes my 45 minute drive worth it to be there! 
I've also made an addition to my family by adopting a new puppy!  He is a Jack Russel Terrier / Beagle Mix, named 'Denver'.  He's a bundle of energy and at times a little terror, but for the most part he is so much fun to have around.  He definitely keeps me on my toes and provides comic releif quite frequently!  I love having a dog again, which is something that I missed out on in Denver (Colorado that is ;-), luckily my parents have been helpful in puppy training!
 
The next things on my plate are getting established as a substitute teacher, and getting into a teacher credentialling program, so that I can (finally and hopefully) begin a career!  That would be something short of a miracle!  I just hope I end up loving teaching as much as I'm assuming I will.  I still have yet to determine what grade level or age group that I want to teach, so hopefully I will find guidance in that area, but other than that, God-willing, in 2 - 2 1/2 years I should be a teacher!  Fun fun fun! 
 
Lastly, I have begun to look at houses.  I want to look for awhile and get a firm grasp of the features that I want in a house established before I buy anything.  However, I would also like to take advantage of Obama's $8,000 tax credit this year so I will need to end up purchasing a home before December 1, 2009.  So I'm thinking some time around September would be good.  I will still be nice outside, and I'll make the deadline for the tax credit!  It is a blessing to live at home and have my expenses cut in 1/2; it will be the perfect opportunity to save up for my own home! 
 
I think that pretty much brings me up to date, hopefully I'll be better at blogging now that I have a normal schedule!
--
-Michelle N. Crandell

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Welcome home, Michelle! Denver is adorable!

Love, B