Thursday, September 11, 2008

Please tell me it isn't true...


I'm 4 weeks into school and today 'it' has arrived. I've successfully avoided 'it' for the last 5 weeks, and thought that this might be the first time in awhile that I might be able to avoid 'it'. But alas...my luck has run out and I am forced to face the facts, saddle up and ride the bull, take it by the horns and accept that SCHOOL IS STRESSFUL. I love every bit of it...but I hate that I can't focus directly on school. Rather I have 180 other things on my mind to distract me from the task at hand.

Today is the day that my social life, eating healthy, finances, cleaning my house, sleeping and contentment slowly slip away from my grasp and out of my control. Today is the day that normal everyday tasks become twice as hard as they ever need to be. Effort is everything, and motivation is the only thing that gets you through. My primary motivator...this is the end and I am moments away from my freedom from this insane captivity!
From now until about Thanksgiving...'it' will most likely consume my life, yet there is a gleaming light at the end of the tunnel, and I can see just the slightest glimpse of that beautiful shimmering splendor! Generally it seeps in and out of my peripheral vision: the goal is to catch it before it consumes my entire focus! I'm not attempting to be negative or cynical...just REAL. Stress is overwhelming, and quite frankly simply unavoidable. So it's time to deal. At least this is my feeble attempt!

No comments: