Saturday, November 06, 2004

Dare 2 Share

God is Good...All the time! I'm so thankful for the times that God knows that I need a refresher or something to help refocus my priorities that make him #1. This weekend (Friday Night - Now) I was a leader for Bear Valley's youth group at the Dare2Share confrence at the Denver Collasium. There were over 8,000 people there, making it the largest dare to share conference yet! It was a really exciting time, and it was awesome to be reminded about how great our father's love for us is, and how he has forgiven even our most shameful sin, and he is just so amazing. Today the kids were challanged to go door to door asking for donations for the denver rescue mission, and to initiate conversations about what they had just learned about the gospel. It serves as a tool to get them prepared to deal with what they need to know and say when it comes to sharing the love and knowledge of Christ with the world, especially their friends at school and their families. Anyways, it was just wonderful because I've really been needing a reminder of God's power and a reiteration of his true characteristics, and not the one that Satan attempts to feed me when I am weak. The cool things was that collectively over 45,000 lbs. of food (that filled 14 trucks!) was collected for the rescue mission! So that alone was awesome, not to mention the people that were touched my the kid's conversations and enthusiasm! Then to top off the already awesome weekend was a concert with the David Crowder Band, which is ALWAYS A BLAST!!! They are so much fun. At one point they had everyone linking arms and jumping, so the audience looked like ocean waves made out of people. How sweet is that! Anyways, God is truly amazing and he's the reason I'm living. Jesus Christ's love for the world will never fully be understood on this earth, but only when we get to the point were we are being placed in our home for eternity! My prayer is that place would be heaven for everyone I know and love, if you don't have this amazing gift I'd love to chat!

No comments: