Friday, March 28, 2008

Absent...but with a good excuse!

It's been way too long since I've written...I keep thinking of things to write about and then some how through out the day they escape my mind. But this last weekend I've been distracted because my mom came to visit me in Colorado! It was so great to get to spend some quality time with her! We had a girls weekend for sure and let me tell you it was well needed. We got to do some shopping (my belated b-day present) and we pampered ourselves with haircuts, pedicures and manicures, and finally a relaxing massage. We went to church together for Easter, and we saw Horton Hears a Who...my mom might be one of the only people who will still go see those silly kid movies with me...but I love them! =-) We also went to Golden to visit this quilt museum my mom wanted to see. It ended up being lame and not worth the six bucks (even she said so!), but at least she can say she went! All in all I love my mom tons and am so glad to be out of that teenage stage where it seemed most of our time was spent irritated with each other. It's fun to have a mom who is also your friend! She has been such a huge support with everything that has gone on lately. Only bummer is that dad couln't make it out as well. Maybe next time! I am actually really hoping to sneak a trip back to Cali this summer...I am dying to go waterskiing/wakeboarding and it's been way too long!!!!!!! The lake is calling me...I can already hear the boat engine rumbling and the smell of sunscreen is filling up my nostrils!

Well that's a mini update for now. I need to get my groove back for writing! But quite frankly I need to attempt to sleep at some point tonight and feel as though I'm going to really regret staying up this late tomorrow! But hey...you only live once right???

Sweet dreams

No comments: