Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Been awhile

Well last week to free me from my boredom (I guess???) I got a random phone call from a family asking me if I would like to house sit for the weekend. So I packed up all the important stuff...you know like clothes and stuff to do and headed over there to take care of Sally the dog, a betta fish, and an african chilid fish...suprisingly enough both fish lived through the experience! Yippee! Apparantly I'm only capable of killing my own fish that I want to live. [long story] I'll have to tell sometime. I put all the blame on Pet'smart. Anways, so that went fine. I also babysat for Dr. Z this weekend so him and and the mrs. could get out one last time before they have their new baby. Then on Sunday Christina, Chrissy and I drove up to Cherry Creek to spend the quite afternoon looking at these insanely HUGE houses. We got to walk though one, because there was an open house. It was going for the mere price of 2.3 million I think. No biggie, just pocket change....I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE LIVE IN HOUSES THAT COST THAT MUCH!!! They had their own tennis court, on 4.3 acres, a completely landscaped garden complete with a fountain, a circular driveway, a custom built bar, two sunrooms (one off of the bar/social room, and the other off the master bedroom, 2 master closets, one complete with a center rack (from floor to ceiling) JUST FOR SHOES....it was like Princess Mia's closet from Princess Diaries...or Jenna Rink's, from 13 going on 30 (I've been watching too many chick flicks.) anyways, I don't remember how many bathrooms there were, they were all in random places I think. Oh...there were also 2 laundry rooms, one upstairs and one down. And truthfully the one thing that I couldn't get out of my mind, was that if this house were in California (home to me) then it would be even more expensive. It just baffles my mind that people live on that kind of cash. If people who lived in multiple million dollar homes could just down grade to a million dollar home (or less for that matter) and give the rest to a third world country.....the world would be a better place, and less people would go to bed starving every night. It just blew my mind. These houses were amazing though, beautiful architecture and all that jazz they were all custom built, but I just couldn't imagine all of the money that goes into not only buying a house like that, but maintaining it, decorating it, wow....can't even really fathom it.

Anways, so after we oowweed and awwwed over all the pretty houses, that we would never live in, we grabbed some Jamba juice, dropped Chrissy off at church (she gets there early to help set the service up) then Christina and I picked up pictures from good old wally world, and then went to the door. The service was pretty good, they seem to be getting better and more relavant to my life anyway. It's one of those services that you never know what you're going to get. After the service I went over senior pictures with the parents and kids that I just took this last week, and they narrowed them down to 5 pics, so that made me happy that I only had to deal with 10 pictures (overall). Now that they've made there choices...I just have to get them printed! Yippee! Now I have to get into wedding picturem mode, so that I can hopefully get some good shots at Russel and Christina's wedding! I'm going to put together an album, and I hope I get some good shots, then I can add wedding to my portfolio as well!

Well I guess that's all for tonight, I've got some catching up to do on reading and the most dearly beloved...sleep!

No comments: