Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Sleep Deprived

So apparantly I just can't sleep at night. Two nights ago I was up until 4 am, and last night, I fell asleep around midnight...but then woke up at 2am, 3am, and 6am...what the heck!!! I just don't get it. Now I'm thouroughly exhausted....so what do we think the chances of me sleeping tonight are? Who knows...anyways I haven't posted in awhile...so here it goes!

Today at work (a really good shift by the way...it went smoothly!) I got 3 pins for my uniform! So I totally sound like the stupid geek from Office Space (the one with all the flair...oh goodness!) But it really is exciting! It made me feel like I was actually a little more than every other Joe Shmo server there at the restraunt. So I guess that's a little vain...but whatever, I got my pins and it makes me feel special! I'm going to the T3 in 3 weeks! I'm so excited! This is like the final sha-bam for becoming a CDT (Certified Designated Trainer) for Red Robin. It's fun, it would be interesting to see where this leads me. I really like Red Robin and think it's a good company...maybe it could lead to something more than just a job as a server! I've always thought I'd make a good manager? Hmmm...the wheels are turning. I don't know...there are so many freakin' doors open when it comes to choosing a career...that it just seems silly. How the heck am I ever going to pick a major? I guess something will just *click*. I should be so lucky...haha...

Anyways...Oh...Small group. Tonight went well again. It's technically the end of the semester so we're wrapping things up... and tonight we went to Dairy Queen...great fun! Next week we have off, and then the following Wednesday (5-25-05) we're having our final small group...tear! It really is amazing to see how much these kids have grown just in the year and a 1/2 I've worked with them. From little "sevies" (7th graders = I guess it's the new slang...I dont' know...it's just what they[8th graders] call them!) into graduating/promoting 8th graders....they're going to be in High School. I feel like a mom sorta...I'm getting all sentimental. Partly because I don't know if I'll be able to move up and be a High School leader? We'll just have to see. It would be awesome to get to stick with those kids and watch them graduate from H.S. Now that's a scary thought...haha

Well that wasn't too exciting of a post...but I'm really tired...see begining paragraph and my lack of sleep....So Good Night to All!

No comments: